Now that my divorce is in to its second year and I see the damage that is being done in our court systems I only have one thing to believe in.
A TIME FOR A REVOLUTION.
Everyone tells me that honey is better than vinegar and that we need to use the system to defeat the system. If you truly believe that then we should all be paying our taxes to the king this year. No we as AMERICA did what we had to do
FIGHT and spill blood.
So this is what we must do to the court systems. Drown it in its entirety and do what ever is legal and ILLEGAL until the laws are changed.
Until the kids were grown and you weren’t paying anylonger……or until you went into another relationship and started the entire cycle all over again…..
And when the fighting is all over, what do you win?
Read the posts from young teens in the “Yeah Dude” club here…… they don’t like what you’re doing to them one bit…..and it’s them who are suffering and learning by behavior of parents – custodial and non custodial – how to lead their lives….how not to break out of the bad relationship and divorces of a legacy that they’ve been shown…how not to be civil and decent to one another when things end between a couple…..again, the losers are the innocents that we continue to deliver to the world.
Sorry, but I don’t agree that delaying a child support payment is the way to go, for the simple fact that it directly affects children in an adverse way. That shouldn’t be a goal.
I do agree that we must all take action and speak up to make our voices be heard. I am in the process of doing the following:
- Writing to my legislators at least once or twice a month. I let them know how family law issues affect our family, and give them stories from other families. I make a point to introduce myself to my legislators when they are in town, and attempt to engage them in a discussion regarding family law issues. I am always cordial and polite, yet to the point.
- I have agreed to host a new chapter of an established organization called R-KIDS of Minnesota (Remember Kids in Divorces) in my town so that other non-custodial parents can join and make their voices and stories told. The mission of this org is to change legislation regarding family law issues, i.e. child support, maintenance, med insurance, parenting time, etc.
- I keep track of what other organizations in my area/state are doing, such as the battered womens groups. They seem to be doing the most harm towards non-custodial parents in this state, because of their claims that most “men are abusers or potential abusers” and don’t deserve access to their kids. You know the drill.
- Read Sun Tzu, “The Art of War”. Sun Tzu was an ancient chinese leader who taught perfected the art of strategy. This is “bible” for many military leaders in history and can be used to help nearly anyone achieve their goals when in “war”. It doesn’t promote violence, but is a more goal-oriented book. Read it…its so simple to understand and will enlighten you on “how to win”.
- Keep track of what is going on in legislation, task forces, supreme court opinions, etc. Our state currently has a 2-year child support guidelines review task force sponsored by the state human services agency. I requested copies of minutes of their monthly meetings, and I write to members of the task force to voice my opinion. The final report will be presented to the legislature in January.
- Write letters to the editor. Eventually you will get published.
- Write to TV/radio reporters and let them know how you feel. It works. The other day a twin cities tv station did a story on “femicide” and reported how many women and children had been killed because of domestic violence. I immediately emailed the reporter to ask why she didn’t include any numbers for MEN who had been killed bc of DV. She wrote back and said that she had been bombarded by letters from men who wondered the same thing. Now she is planning to do a story on “battered men” and domestic violence!!! We have exchanged several emails since then and I am providing her with more sources and contacts.
There is a lot we can do to make our voices be heard. Do your best and don’t give up. The squeaky wheel gets the grease first…that’s why the laws are how they are…the feminists have been squeaking for years now. Start squeaking to everyone who will listen, but be polite and knowledgeable. *S*
So when are WE going to really do something and act together to fight THAT Society which feeds upon our children and families? The Laws we consider vary from state to state; and each county Enforces the laws differently; and so it means little to ALL of us if any one group succeeds–or fails. Even the presidency does not matter for us, as I see it, because the political juggernaut of bureaucracy is a waste of valuable time which we cannot afford. We cannot fight every law in every state which is unfair–because there are simply too many! We only fool ourselves if we think we have ever succeeded greatly thus far. I only see things getting worse! And furthermore,VOTING IS ONLY A FEEBLE WISH FOR THE RIGHT TO PREVAIL!!!
So what I am wondering is who among us has an idea how we can act together to show a nationwide unity for our common cause? Before any laws are going to be changed significantly, appropriately, and properly, all of the many groups, clubs, and organizations will have to unite under one banner. They will have to somehow form a COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE, as it were, and agree with general concepts to create and craft an common opinion for us all to sign and Declare ourselves a part of!!!
If we do not hang together, we shall surely each hang separately: It is true! Offering each other advice to seek attorneys and other counseling surely becomes a necessary and noble service for Humanity. However, until enough of us join together and make our empty sack stand upright, we will continue to be called pansies, patsies, pushovers, wimps, and deadbeats!!!
Are the readers only “summer soldiers and sunshine patriots?” Patrons of virtue who do nothing? Tell me, who is a true patriot among us, and is willing to act for the good of us all??? In Photos, you can see “my propaganda machine” with my picture, and heed my broken snake NCP banner which says JOIN, or DIE!